Saturday, 7 December 2013
2Face and Other top Nigerian Artist meeting and Response to IBAN/BON Ban,Says they are not moved by Ban
Earlier this week I brought you a report on the ban on major Nigerian artistes by BON/IBAN.
However, below is a press release from Efe Omorogbe on the ban of Nigerian artistes by the Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria (BON) and Independent Broadcasters Association (IBAN) Less than 48 hours after the Independent Broadcasters Association (IBAN) and Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria (BON) issued a statement banning the broadcast of the music of nearly all of Nigeria’s topmost musicians on the radio and TV stations run by affiliate stations, a group of star musicians and top players in the music industry have fired back.
The group comprising the likes of 2 Face Idibia, 9ice, MI, Azeezat, Ill Bliss, WunmiObe, Dizzy K. Falola and representatives of Burna Boy, Sound Sultan, DammyKrane, Sir Victor Uwaifo, Ice Prince, Sunny Neji, etc met at Whitehouse Hotel, GRA, Ikeja on Wednesday, December 4. One after the other, the music industry stars expressed outrage by the decision of BON and IBAN and their attempt to manipulate the music industry so that they can run away from their responsibility of paying copyright royalties for music broadcast by them.
They rose from the meeting with the following resolutions:
1. That all authors, composers, songwriters, artistes, performers, publishers, record label executives, owners of sound recordings, publicists, managers, etc should ignore the IBAN email and no right owner should send any message to the email provided by IBAN.
2. That no self-respecting right owner of the Nigerian music industry should sell his/her birth right by sending an email to BON or IBAN to request that they play his/her music.
3. That the music industry will consider the stations that comply with their copyright obligations and advice all right owners to move their works to the stations and encourage their fans and followers to support such stations.
4. That a delegation of the music industry is to meet with appropriate political office holders within the shortest possible time on this matter.
5. That all IBAN/BON stations not licensed for the use of music should take note that with immediate effect they should cease to broadcast music whether local or foreign on their stations - These stations must also suspend the use of music whether wholly or in part by way of sampling, interpolation, remixing or outright jacking pending the resolution of this matter.
6. That this movement is a historic fight for the recognition of the fundamental human rights of all creative people in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and no creative person should sell out or allow himself/herself to be made a saboteur in this historic battle.
7. That all important stakeholders in the music industry should make themselves available for a full briefing and Q/A session at a follow up meeting to be held on Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Rumors Night Club, 15a, Oduduwa Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos by 10.00am.
The long list of COSON members said by BON and IBAN to have been banned with immediate effect include TuFaceIdibia, D’ Banj, Inyanya, Olamide, Dr Sid, Sammie Okposo, Banky W, Wiz Kid, Olu Maintain, 9ice, Sunny Neji, Flavour, Chidinma, Rugged Man, Keffee, Midnite Crew, Eldee De Don, M I, Azeezat, Jazzman Olofin, Ice Prince, Jesse Jagz, KC Presh, X Project, Asha, Konga, African China, Owen Gee, Dekunle Fuji, Lord of Ajasa, Zoolezoo, Ekwe Original Stereoman, Danfo Drivers, Rhymzo, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Kofi, Jedee, Muma Gee, AY. Com, ID Cabassa, Klever J, ZidonPoperella, Eva, Terry G, Nomoreloss, Mike Okri, Weird MC, Mode 9, Timaya, Sound Sultan, Waje, Mo’Cheddah, Jay Martins, Slam, Djinee, Solid Star, Omawunmi, TWO, W4, OmotolaJeladeEkehinde, YinkaAyefele, DJ Stramborella, Ebenezer Obey, Victor Uwaifo, Onyeka Onwenu, Dan Maraya Jos, Tony Okoroji, Stella Monye, Floxxy Bee, Funmi Adams, MajekFashek, Daniel Wilson, Alex Zitto, Sir Shina Peters, Ras Kimono, Wale Thompson, KollingtonAyinla, AdewaleAyuba, Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, , Chris Ajilo, Emmanuel Ntia, Orlando Julius, Eddy Remedy, Mr. Kool, 2 Shotz, Baba Dee, Bouqui, Rooftop MCs, Kenny Saint Brown, Klever J, OJB Jezreel, Danny Young, Dipp, Frank D’ Nnero, Ojo, Tim Godfrey, etc.