fire which destroyed his penis in the process.
According to police reports, the woman was upset with her husband for refusing to take her out on Valentine’s Day, February 14, which was also her birthday.
However, when she appeared before the police, she said that the disagreement with her husband at their residence in Ado-Ekiti was not over Valentine outing but because he acted not concern about her barreness since their marriage over three years ago.
During interrogation, Mrs Ogidiolu66 claimed she didn’t know how the attack happened.
“We had disagreement over his nonchalant attitude to my barrenness that day and we were fighting. Our neighbours tried to plead with him but he never listened to them. He later ran inside and destroyed all my property. But he had forgotten that we have petrol inside and when he was about lighting his cigarette, the keg that contains the petrol exploded and my husband caught fire immediately,” she said.
Abimbola who was severely burnt is currently undergoing medical treatment at Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH), Ado-Ekiti where doctors are doing everything possible to save his life.