A mother, her three children, a relative and a house-help were all burnt to death in a fire incident at their home in Jos, Plateau state yesterday May 2nd.
According to residents in the area where the incident happened, the deceased woman called forhelp when the fire started but they could not go in to assist because of the strong iron bars used as protectors. While they tried to maneuver, the gas in the building exploded
|THE HOUSE WHERE IT HAPPENED|
We Heard the shout of the woman saying come and help me, come and help me!. All of us ran out to see what we can do to help. In the process, any iron you touch will shock one so we quickly alerted the authorities, cut the cable line that supplied light to the house.
In the process of going up, the gas cylinder exploded. In that case, we had nothing to do rather than to run and call the fire service” a neighbor said.